Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
At Carbon, we are:
Passionate: We love what we do and have an ownership mentality.
Resourceful: We make do with what we have. Not wasteful
Intelligent: We are forever learning to better ourselves, constantly experiencing & testing to understand the problem space better
Maverick: We try the unconventional, question widely held assumptions.
Executors: We get shit done. No excuses
Data-Driven: Rigorous in using data for decision, experiments to test assumptions and hypothesis
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly skilled individual who will have primary responsibility for carrying out regulatory financial reporting and accounting activities for Carbon. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation, management, and running of the financial activities of the company.
- Manage fundraising activities and maintain investor relations. Develop financial models and forecasts, pitch decks, prepare data room, oversee due diligence processes, etc to facilitate capital raise from potential investors. He/She must have at least 7 years of Capital raise the experience
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization
- Accurately prepare and deliver monthly quarterly, and annual financial reports, and Board finance packages passionately and in a timely manner.
- Financial Analysis; Leading financial analysis to assist management with the profitability of Income streams and highlighting the potential for cost efficiencies.
- Establish accurate forecasting processes that enable the formulation of informed strategies and direction by management. Liaising with relevant stakeholders in creating financial plans & strategies that support the overall business objectives.
- Scenario planning and forecasting involving the use of data to advise management on areas such as unit economics, product development, market expansion, and M&A activities.
- Liquidity and Cash Flow management and development of cash budgets that predicts company runway and Cash Flow position.
- Develop the Company’s internal policies and oversee the design of internal controls and processes, identifying and assessing areas of significant business risk.
- Coordinate the external tax consultants for the tax filings and ensure compliance with accounting, tax, and other statutory requirements.
- Oversee the annual audit exercise and liaise with external auditors as necessary
- Manage key stakeholder relationships including Central Bank, Auditors, respective Tax authorities as well as Bank and Deposit entities
- Passion and drive to disrupt the consumer lending industry for the better
- 7+ years of work experience in a Managerial position in a similar industry
- Proven work experience or similar role managing a finance/accounting team
- Strong industry network including experience dealing with banks, regulators, auditors and tax authorities and Investors
- The ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Willingness and drive to challenge the status quo
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting tools, such as QuickBooks and Excel, and other Ms. Office tools
- Experience in SQL and Tableau is an added advantage
- BA/MBA in Accounting or Finance or relevant field; Chartered Accountant. CPA/CFA qualification is a plus
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- Offer a remote working option.