Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
At Carbon, we are:
Passionate: We love what we do and have an ownership mentality.
Resourceful: We make do with what we have. Not wasteful
Intelligent: We are forever learning to better ourselves, constantly experiencing & testing to understand the problem space better
Maverick: We try the unconventional, question widely held assumptions.
Executor: We get shit done. No excuses
Data-Driven: Rigorous in using data for decision, experiments to test assumptions and hypothesis
We are looking for a passionate, career-driven Senior IOS Developer to join our team. This is a great opportunity to gain significant and substantial experience.
- Drive the direction of the mobile applications in the company to deliver robust, secure, and efficient experiences to make our customers happy.
- Design and develop our iOS mobile applications across all Apple devices.
- Produce technical designs and lead developers during development.
- Build up best practices around iOS development, design patterns, code reviews, and training.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience building native apps in iOS using Swift (mandatory).
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- At least 4 years of software development experience and iOS development skills.
- Must have published multiple original iOS apps to the App Store.
- Experience with iOS design patterns and Firebase SDKs.
- Experience and a strong understanding of APIs and remote data via REST and JSON.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle.
- Fast-paced and able to work to deadlines.
- Experience working with Unit / UI test frameworks
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being selected:
- Knowledge of at least one backend programming language
- Ability to work with UX prototyping tools like Figma, Adobe XD, InvisionApp, etc
- Knowledge of GIT.
- Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and/or other automated testing skills.
- Overall software development experience of 5+ years.
- Agile Development experience.
- Prior experience working with financial applications
- Experience with Swift UI, Combine or RxSwift
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.